Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Setup web site when ISP is blocking incoming connections?

I am trying to host a web page from my computer so i can download files off it when I%26#039;m not at home. I have done this from my friends houses but because my ISP has a firewall that blocks incoming connections (any connections that i do not start myself) i am unable to do this. Do you know any way around this? all i can think of is to use some kind of proxy or VPN but i don%26#039;t know where i could find one that would be free to use. any help?



Setup web site when ISP is blocking incoming connections?





I really like a solution from Microsoft called FolderShare you install it from Foldershare.com and it gives you a web interface to all your files. And you can search your files so if you can%26#039;t remember exactly which file you were looking for you can still find them.



I also use this to sync files over the internet so I can have MyDocuments on two PC%26#039;s and always have everything both places.

No comments:

Post a Comment