Saturday, August 8, 2009

My IT person quit and refuses to tell me who hosted my web site. How can I find out?

When I go to the web site now it tells me page can not be displayed. Did he delete the web site? My domain is registered so how can I get the web sites back up and running?



My IT person quit and refuses to tell me who hosted my web site. How can I find out?





A starting place is to go to http://www.register.com and do a WHOIS lookup of your domain dame. That will tell you at least who your domain name was registered through.



To find out on hosting, go to http://www.arin.net and type in the IP address equivalent of your website and run a search on it. That will tell you who hosts it.



To get the IP address:



1. Click the %26#039;Start%26#039; button %26amp; select %26#039;Run%26#039;



2. Type: cmd ...and press Enter



3. Type: ping %26quot;your website name%26quot;



(Example: ping www.google.com)



4. It will say %26quot;Reply from%26quot; and will give the IP Address



(Example: Google%26#039;s IP is 64.233.161.147)



My IT person quit and refuses to tell me who hosted my web site. How can I find out?



My suggestion... sue him.



Or at least threaten legal action.. should get some answers out of him.



Other Replys:Kidnap him at knife point one day and threaten to hurt him if he doesn%26#039;t give you the info.



Other Replys:Check the bills. There must have been a paid invoice for the hosting.



Other Replys:If he doesn%26#039;t work for you he doesn%26#039;t need to tell you anything. However, if he sabotaged anything before leaving, then you can definitely sue him.



Other Replys:May be your IT person deleted all pages. But you can check it by going to www.register.com. their you can enter your web site address like www.myweb.com then they show you that that name already taken and owner is this. you can contact owner by e-mail.



Maybe you can take legal action on IT person.



Other Replys:well u seem to be is tight spot.



well you could do a whois on your sitename and it will give ou the details of the sub-registra, and also details of the site state.



%26quot;page can not be displayed%26quot; can also mean the start page name has been changed.



so the browser does not know what the default page is on the web server.



Other Replys:Go to this website:



http://www.whois.net/



type in the domain and do a search you should get detailed information.



Try this one too:



http://www.internic.net/whois.html

No comments:

Post a Comment