Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How difficult is it to host a web site that I create?

I use PHP, ColdFusion and ASP for my sites (seperately) and find that it is difficult and annoying to have to create the site on a different server and then port it to the host of my clients choice. I would like to host at least a few of the lower bandwidth/hit sites?



What does this entail and is it worth the effort or should I continue to rework a site for different hosts.



How difficult is it to host a web site that I create?





Get a Windows box and a *nix box and host them accordingly yourself.



or



Find a host (99% do this) and get an account to set up your sites there and pay someone to do it for you. Get a Windows account for CF and ASP based sites and a *nix account for PHP sites.



It%26#039;d probably be a lot cheaper to host yourself in the long run, but if you get paid hosting, maybe you should stick with one discipline. I used to do CF and PHP. I decided PHP was better and stuck with that.



Nevermind the fact Windows hosting and such is inferior IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment