Saturday, August 8, 2009

Is $1200/year reasonable for SQL 2000 hosting?

My supervisor has asked me if this is a fair amount to be paying the company that hosts our web site. The database is fairly small. This is a new position for me and I%26#039;m not sure what the current going rates are since I%26#039;ve never been involved in the financial aspect. Would like an opinion.



Is $1200/year reasonable for SQL 2000 hosting?





ok guys SQL hosting is not putting a SQL database on a web site.



$1200 a month for a hosted per processor plan shounds about right or even cheap.



Is there a reason not to bring it in house?



For reference here are some hosters:



Is $1200/year reasonable for SQL 2000 hosting?



NOPE.... thats like 10bucks a month I would do more researching before settling for 10 a month



Other Replys:You generally pay for space, not for SQL per se. You can get very inexpensive web hosting for small SQL databases. For example, look at http://www.ixwebhosting.com, which offers hosting with SQL for under $5 per month.

No comments:

Post a Comment