Saturday, August 8, 2009

How much will I charge per month for a static 3 page website design with free domain and hosting?

A carpet cleaner I talked to in person doesnt have computer skills so I offer him a free domain and hosting and web design.. He just pay monthly fee..How much will it cost? Im in Austin..



How much will I charge per month for a static 3 page website design with free domain and hosting?





Do it for free and let him pay for maintanance... which can be is US$ 45 P/M



How much will I charge per month for a static 3 page website design with free domain and hosting?



I would say



%26lt; $250 USD for the design.



Since its free hosting, and no free host offers free TOP TLD meaning DOT COM DOT NET etc...



Other Replys:Not worth the hassle!



STATIC web pages are now charged 10 to 20 us$, no more!



And it will not give your cleaner any business whatsoever.



Only web 2.0 style, with interactivity, SELL.



But this starts at 2000+ us$ per site...



Other Replys:It depends on what you will be including as part of the monthly maintenance. I mean, if it JUST the hosting fee, then there are places online where you can get that for free, sometimes even without advertisements. Then the only cost is the domain name, and even THAT can be eliminated if you%26#039;re willing to use a subdomain on the free host%26#039;s site (something I would not recommend). See the source below as one example.



On the other hand, if you%26#039;re going to including activities that get him TRAFFIC and build SALES, in other words, search engine optimization, that is a continuing effort that takes WORK. When I provide that type of service, and backing up files and databases, and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing (via Google Analytics or something similar), then I normally bill $300 a month for that service (not to exceed 10 hours worth of work).

No comments:

Post a Comment